Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Baylor

It has been way too long since I have blogged and we have been doing lots of fun things and I know I am going to be sad if I don't start documenting them again.  Toby is off this week for a staycation.  Today we went to Waco to visit Baylor and some other fave Waco places. 
 Lucy and Sam found their names at the Bear Pit.  Bears that were previously Baylor's mascot had these names. 





 We found these hearts on the wall at Burleson Quadrangle.  I could not help but think of my little Lucy and her love of hearts!

 Pics by Pat Neff







 Lucy's favorite bear, Duffy, got to make the trip to visit the Baylor Bears.
 Fun times in the bookstore


 Lunch at Vitek's.  Famous BBQ place known for the Gut Pack



 We went to the children's museum on Baylor Campus. What an amazing museum.  So many hands on exhibits!

 Outside they had a replica of an old village from the late 1800s.  The kids were shocked by the one room schoolhouse.

 I can't imagine how long it would take me to do laundry if I had to use these implements.

 Weather girl




 Our sweet friend, Autumn, suggested we head next door to the Baylor Athletic Complex to see RGIII Heisman trophy.  While we were there she popped out of her office and gave us a tour of the entire facility.  It was such a treat to see the football offices (even Art Briles), great view of the practice fields, weight room, study hall, locker area, and more.  It really was an unexpected surprise and the highlight of our day.




 This wall holds helmets from every NFL team and below the helmet is listed which Baylor football players have went on to play for that team.  Very impressive.
 On our way back north we stopped in West to get some yummy kolaches.  The kids loved them as did Mom and Dad.  Toby had never stopped there before.  I could not believe that in all the time we have been married we haven't gone together! 

It was such a fun day trip.  Going back to visit Baylor always brings up the best memories.  I love that we met there and it is fun showing the kids all of our favorite spots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment